Welcome!!

When we think of green, the word "urban" does not immediately come to mind. We can change that, you and me. With each action, each person we educate, we can help turn the concept of a "gritty city" into "dense, green zones". We can do it, by turning green into an action word. Get to work and green your city!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where Do We Go, What Do We see? What Do We Do? Let's Make a Difference.


We go out into our city daily. We walk around our neighborhoods. We observe. What do we see? Most often trash, empty, abandoned buildings and lots, vandalized cars and graffiti. I ask you to look again. Harder. Take a second look.

Look at the trees, open spaces that sit as palettes for an artist to display the beauty expressed through nature. Look at the future farms. Future gardens. Buildings that will soon become day care centers, restaurants and stores.

When you see this potential, take action. How? Pick up trash. Do not litter. If you are not a part of the solution, you become a part of the problem. People will see your actions and may think again about littering. Organize a neighborhood clean up. Clear the debris and help clear someone's mind.

Become an Urban Greenie. Join me in the fight to “clean and green” urban neighborhoods. I have been doing it for a long time but now is the time to step up my game. I am forming a team and taking action. Watch the transformation...

I am an Americorp Volunteer, serving my community and my country. I am working to create healthier, greener urban environments, one greenspace at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment